Sunday, October 25, 2009

What We've Been Making...

An itsy, bitsy cemetery...

This is my only new decoration for Halloween this year. I definitely have enough decor up but I just couldn't help myself when it came to making a tiny cemetery scene on this cool gothic cake plate that my sister gave me for my birthday.

Riley and I finally made his homework station. I saw this in a Family Fun magazine a few months back and we've had it on our list to make since then.
I collected all the stuff for it, like pencil bags and calculators when the stores were clearing out the school supplies so I got some great deals. Then we took a display board and added an extra crease to each side so that when it folds up it will accommodate all the extra things hanging from it. Riley chose the teal color and helped paint it then all that was left was putting it together which was the easiest part.
Most of the items velcro on and off so that they are easy to access. We also added some clothes pins to hold his class folder.
He sets it up everyday to do his homework and it helps keep his focus!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Love, love the little cemetary- too scary cute! What a great idea for the homework station too!

angel said...

you just rock!