Sunday, October 25, 2009

We ♥ The 80's

Kolbi's friend just had an 80's themed birthday party - super fun! The girls were so cute all decked out in neon and mall hair. I helped out by making the huge chocolate chip cookie. They wanted it to look like a record and it made me think. I remembered seeing those bowls that people made from records. So of course, it was all I needed to run to the thrift store and pick up some records. I gave it a try and it was so fun! We created a record cake plate and a ton of bowls.
The tools are simple... records, an oven, some bowls and a cookie sheet.
Put it in the oven just like this at about 200 degrees for 10 - 20 mins.
Then you can do all sorts of crazy things to it! I just formed some simple bowls out of most of them but also used a cake pan to make the cake plates.
The table looked so festive...
and so did the girls!
They played Twister, Rubix Cube challenge and M A S H. Then they all watched Sixteen Candles. Finishing of with some 80's Singstar. Oh to be young again!!

No comments: