Monday, October 19, 2009



Grandma Barnes passed away earlier this month. We drove to Phoenix for her funeral and visited with the Barnes side of the family and Grandpa. Merry was my husband's Grandma on his Mother's side, she and Grandpa were married for 64 years. It was very touching to hear Grandpa tell the story of how they met in the military and eventually married and started their family. I have been married for 13 years and most everyone I know considers that a long time, it touches my heart to hear how much Grandpa loved Grandma even after all those years. Love really does just grow stronger sometimes and they are a good example of that. We will miss Grandma Barnes.

It has been hard for me to get to this post. I kept putting it off and today I realized that, yes, it is hard to write about losing someone but still, it needs to be done. I feel better now since there has been so many things I've wanted to blog about but just couldn't because I knew that this post had to come first.

No comments: