Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Yummy Monday Night Dinner





Wow, doesn't this look beautiful?! I can't take the credit, I only helped Carol finish it up on Monday night after I got home from work. It just turned out so good and it was quick so I thought I'd share the recipe!


Lemon-Roasted Chicken with Dilled Orzo


1 chicken (we used a package of thighs)


6 garlic cloves, smashed


2 lemons, quartered


1 tsp. dried oregano


1 Tbl. plus 1 tsp. olive oil


coarse salt & ground pepper


1 cup orzo (found in pasta aisle)


1/2 tsp. dried dill


-Preheat oven to 450. Set a large saucepan of water to boil.


-On a lagre rimmed bakin sheet, toss together chicken, garlic, lemons, oregano and 1 tsp oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast chicken, skin side up until golden and cooked through, 25-30 minutes.


-Meanwhile, generously salt boiling water. Add orzo, and cook until al dente; drain well, and return to saucepan. Add dill and 1 Tbl oil; season with salt and pepper and mix gently to combine.


-When orzo is ready place in serving dish. Set roasted chicken on top and drizzle with pan juices.


This recipe is courtesy of Martha Stewart Everyday Food and I totally recomend it! As you can see the presentation is beautiful so it will impress - lol!


Also, I went coupon shopping with Nichole last night and got a great deal. So good in fact that I had to post the pic. I got all this at Target for only $1.98. Woo Hoo :)


No comments: